Serendib Youth Canada (SYC) is an independent, non-political non-partisan and non-profit organization fully focused on youth.
We are federally incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit (NFP) Corporations Act.
Empower youth to be future leaders in Canada.
Motivate, guide, mentor and empower youth to be future leaders in Canada. Provide Canadian youth opportunities to serve the community and grow as strong leaders. Identify and overcome obstacles and issues faced by Canadian youth. Provide a platform to make lasting friendships and network with peers.
Leadership through Service.
Our Values and Objectives
- Strengthen the Eeman (Islamic faith/belief/piety) of our youth.
- All activities of the foundation will be carried out within the framework of Islam and the law of the land.
- Promote learning and pursue higher education.
- Guiding the future leaders of tomorrow on a path to success.
- Strive to sustain excellence in all our activities.
- Do our best in whatever task we do.
- Most importantly, this means an unwavering commitment to professional and personal development of our youth.
- Create, participate and engage in community activities.
- Organizing community events that shall build bridges across social, cultural and religious differences.
- Provide opportunities to build practical leadership skills.
- Motivate, guide, mentor and empower youth to be future leaders.
- On December 30th 2014, we established a youth organization as “Sailan Youth Forum” (SYF) in Toronto.
- On December 24th 2016, we re-branded the youth organization as “Serendib Youth Canada” (SYC).
- On January 9th 2017, SYC was federally incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit (NFP) Corporations Act.